Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easy Leftover Easter Cookies

I really dropped the ball with my Easter posts, only managing to share one single recipe. I had great intentions, I even had lots of fun shopping for new pretty props, bought some yummy ingredients and made a whole list of things to try but just ran out of time. In fact this recipe was meant to be a last minute post before Easter, but I couldn't even manage that. So now lets just pretend it was always meant to be a 'what to do with all that Easter chocolate' post.   

But first a little explanation on why I've been so slack lately. The last month was an exceptionally busy month for birthdays! All my spare baking time was spent on birthday cakes for family and friends, which I promise to share shortly. Last week was even busier and more exciting again as I got to make my second wedding cake and a hundred matching cupcakes, I'm just dying to post about them. 

Boyfriend and I have also decided to take a step toward being actual adults and are looking to buy our first house. Honestly the house hunting and and the buying process has been a been a little overwhelming, there is just so much competition. Every Saturday for the last couple of months has been given up to to countless house inspections, let alone all the time spent searching online, researching areas, values and all the other little things. Its starting to make my brain a little numb, and I often day dream that someone will just come and give me the prefect little house. I'm sure we will find the perfect place with time, I just need to be patient.

Back to these cookies! This easy recipe takes no time at all and make a nice soft almost cakey cookie.I chose to use mini candy coated eggs because I had a whole lot of them and liked the pretty pastel colours, but feel free to use whatever you like.
For the Cookies (makes 24)
125 grams butter (softened)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
300 grams candy covered chocolate mini eggs

To make the cookies- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c. and line a baking tray with baking paper.

Beat the butter, vanilla and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.

Add the egg and beat until well combined.

Mix in the flour and baking soda until the cookie dough comes together.

Stir through the candy coated eggs.
Roll the cookie dough into tablespoon size balls and place on the tray. Leave a 2 inch space between the cookies to allow for spreading.
Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden.

Allow the baked cookies to cool on trays.

3 comments:

  1. These look so cute, I love the pastel colours. I also had grand plans for easter baking which didn't really materialise! Never mind.

    Looking forward to seeing all your other bakes. They sound very exciting. Good luck with the house hunting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's leftover Easter candy? I'm confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great leftover recipe!

    I've actually started a Link List for this exact thing!! Please visit my blog and add these to the list!!

    I've also nominated you for a versatile blogger award.

    Go take a Look...
    www.lifeofacupcakebaker.com

    xx Kat xx

    ReplyDelete